Manufacturing processes typically contain processes in harsh environmental situations (e.g. high temperature, humidity, abrasion, presence of chemical substances or different fluids) by which conventional barcode labels are poorly suited for. RFID programs are utilized at a number of phases of producing to extend effectiveness and reliability.
Despite these advantages and strong Return of Investment, there are certain factors to be considered before going automated. If your enterprise is a small manufacturing company with low production target and limited resources, the initial investment in automated machine and system might not be economical. Concerns like system cost which includes purchase of hardware and software, cost of implementation, cost for training employees, and integration to the whole manufacturing infrastructure should also be taken into consideration.
ESRFID integrate technology and automation within your business systems to increase efficiency, eliminate error in production and reduce cost to fully realize your business potential.
Automation can benefit a Manufacturing Company
- Faster production time. Deployment of machine to perform tasks repetitively plus an automated process makes production faster since there is no thinking needed by the machine and there minimal factor of human error or slowdown due to fatigue. With an automated inventory management system, manufacturing companies can also prevent any delays associated with stock shortages of materials and equipment allowing for a continuous and steady production line.
- Increase in work accuracy. In an automated manufacturing process, the machine performs a task repetitively based on protocols which have undergone rigorous pre-production test systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Safer work environment. Having automated machines perform critical and sometimes injury-prone tasks for human can help minimize any work hazard in manufacturing.
- Reduce labor cost. With most of the critical tasks being handled by machine, the need for human intervention is being reduced which means less employees are needed. Employees cost such as payed leaves, health coverage, and payroll are reduced. Cost relative to human error will also be diminished because a machine programmed to perform a task repeatedly is less likely to make mistake than an employee with varying decision making and who is prone to fatigue.
- More efficient employees. Workforce mobility allows employees access to relevant data in real time to get the job done quickly and more effectively this increasing the workforce productivity.
- Improve Customer satisfaction. Customers are able to get real-time updates on their orders including the turnaround time for production and estimated time of delivery. Satisfied customers can potentially increase sales and revenue for the company in the future.